Sunday, January 30, 2011

Re: Typing numbers

Wow! A lot of info!


Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>
> I took a file to the F, J, 4, 8, F4, and F8 keys on the keyboard to
> help find them faster. Then I painted the whole keyboard black!
> Although painting may be a bit extreme, I do recommend filing a notch
> into the aforementioned keys. Years later and it still saves me
> precious seconds tens of times per day.
>
> If you really want to go wild on the keyboard, you can cut the silicon
> domes inside to make the keys easier to press. That is the third thing
> that I do to any new keyboard now (while the paint on the key caps is
> drying, after filing notches).
>
>

Thanks for the advice but I have a macbook so I wouldn't want to do that
to it.. :) If I was using an external keyboard I would definitely do the
painting part. I think that would help!

I find though that the more customizing the less you can work on any system
you
happen upon and I wouldn't want that for keyboard skills...

D.
--
View this message in context: http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/Typing-numbers-tp3361514p3363830.html
Sent from the Vim - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: