Friday, January 28, 2011

Re: Remapping CTRL-I to

On 01/28/2011 12:14 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
> In my environment, this causes the<Alt+I> combo to send<Esc>
> to Vim.. and it looks like it might work with no side effects
> -- I first checked in insert mode that<Alt+I> did not do
> anything that I could see and I don't remember ever using it
> for anything else (?).

The only catch is that (depending on your encoding and other
stellar alignments) some alt+letter combinations produce various
accented & ASCII characters >128. If you type those characters
intentionally (which it sounds like you don't), it may interfere.
Otherwise, they should be safe to use (as mentioned in a
sibling reply, they're case-sensitive).

-tim

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: