Friday, January 28, 2011

Re: Typing numbers

> [*] you can add more than one character, so if you wanted, you could
> get fancy with something like
>
> 40i-=<esc>
>
> to get a nice row of 80 characters like "-=-=-=-...=-=-=-=" but again you then
> have to do the math and divide down. Not grievous, but I can count the real-world
> times I've done that on one hand.

Or you can start taking down a receipt number without pushing i, as I
did last week. I typed 1011 before realising it hadn't appeared on the
screen. So then I pushed i and typed the whole 13-digit number, and when
I hit <Esc> I got 1011 copies of it, all running together as I had typed
no spaces or newlines or anything. Brilliant! There's 12 KB right there!

Was that too off-topic?

Ben.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: