Friday, January 28, 2011

Re: Remapping CTRL-I to

On Jan 28, 12:14 pm, Chris Jones <cjns1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, while writing my reply, I tried a:
>
> | :inoremap <Esc>i <Esc>
>
> In my environment, this causes the <Alt+I> combo to send <Esc> to Vim..
> and it looks like it might work with no side effects -- I first checked
> in insert mode that <Alt+I> did not do anything that I could see and
> I don't remember ever using it for anything else (?).
>

Alt keys do nothing special in Vim by default. If you're using GUI Vim
you may need to read :help 'winaltkeys' but it sounds like you're
sticking with the terminal.

You can probably map it directly:

:inoremap <A-i> <Esc>

or

:inoremap <M-i> <Esc>

Note that Alt maps, unlike CTRL maps, are case-sensitive.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: