Sunday, January 30, 2011

Re: Access vim command from the lua end WAS: How do the default key commands work

On 2011-01-30 Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> If you want a catalog of the functionality, you can look at
> things like
>
> [...]
>
> or more generically:
>
> :h index.txt

Nice list I didn't know before.

> They're available "natively" from within a "noremap" version of a
> mapping. So if you want to swap the functionality of "j" and "k"
> (wow, that would get annoying, but it's a good example), you can use
>
> :nnoremap j k
> :nnoremap k j
>
> If you didn't use the "nore" version, then the 2nd one would
> produce a recursive mapping:
>
> :nmap j k " now both j & k act like k
> :nmap k j " now k calls j calls k calls j calls k...boom
>
> Hope this makes sense. There's no underlying function (like I
> understand Emacs has) accessible to which keys can be rebound.

Thanks for the explanation.

It's not about remapping. I'm writing a vimscript in lua. In a function I need
the position of the opening and closing bracket. So in vim I would execute »%«
twice. Than I have both positions. If there would be functions for the basic
comands I just would execute the corresponding function. But apparently this
is not the case.

So I rephrase my question. How to access basic vim commands (here: %) from
inside lua? How to access an arbitrary vim function from inside lua?

vim 7.3 compiled with lua interpreter


Regards
Marco


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: