Friday, January 28, 2011

Re: Typing numbers

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:12:10PM EST, Ben Schmidt wrote:

> Hehe. Since we're sharing...If I were fixing 'rememberiing', I probably
> would have done:
>
> /ii<Enter>x
>
> No need to count, and no need to watch what I'm doing to know when to
> stop repeatedly pushing something either. I do this a lot. If I see an
> error on the screen, I just use / to quickly jump to it, or at least to
> something 'unique' in its near vicinity,

Yeah.. that's why I love sticking those pseudo-ellipses all over my
prose.

> and then fix it. Sometimes I don't type enough to get me straight
> there, and need an n or two, but that still tends to be quicker for me
> than moving around by repeating other movement keys. YMMV.

Hehe.. That's the problem about giving examples just to make a point:
contrary to f/F/t/T, that I really don't like all that much.. I use
/string a lot to move the cursor around the buffer.. Especially since
it's a standard mechanism with many other applications.. so now you
mention it.. that's more often than not what I would normally do..

Spoilsport.. :-)

cj

P.S. Not to mention that I would in most cases not even have noticed the
typo in the first place and spellchecking would have had to take care of
it for me..

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: