Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How ctags search outside current directory

Hello, I'm using vim to read some project source codes, but  some problem using ctags come to me. If my directory hierarchy is somewhat like that:

---src
    |-----thread
             |-----------Tiger
    |------device

If I am in /src/thread/ and type ctags -R , then I can jump to function that in both the current directory and the directory named Tiger, but I cann't read functions that are in /src/device. That's my problem.
If I am in the root directory, say, /src/, then type ctags -R, then switch to /src/thread, and use C-] try to jump to the function in /src/device, it pop the message: file device/timer.c does not exist. the file timer.c is where my jumped function stays.

I want to jump to any functions with /src/, but how to realize it? can you give me a hand?


-- Rice

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: