Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Re: completion and caching

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:34:28PM -0700, Edward Peschko wrote:
> I'm attempting to use vim's omni-complete feature (ctrl-N, ctrl-P),
> and am finding - oddly enough - that it keeps on re-scanning the files
> in order to get the correct symbols, rather than doing what I would
> think would be the intelligent thing, namely caching the symbols it
> does find, and then updating that cache dynamically as I type.
>
> Is it possible to set it up so such a cache exists? I could see two
> levels of cache - one, a universal cache, and two, a local cache that
> is specific to the vim executable and populated each time the complete
> function is invoked.
>
Hi, maybe you could try neocomplcache:
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2620
I used it for a while, and then give up. My old laptop is too damn slow
when using it.
Seriously, neocomplcache is (to me) amazingly powerful, and it will
generate cache automatically.

Cheers,
Bill Sun

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: