Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Re: How to find out why a mapping has timeout?

On Jun 29, 2:04 am, Jürgen Krämer <jottka...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John Magolske wrote:
> > To avoid having to use the shift key when getting to the command
> > prompt, I have this in my vimrc :
>
> >     noremap ; :
>
> >  I just switched over to a new machine with a fresh install of
> > Debian, and I'm finding the ; keypress is now subject to timeout...but
> > I can't figure out why. This was not the case on my old machine using
> > the identical vimrc. How might I go about finding why this behavior
> > is occurring?
>
> you probably have two or more mappings that start with ";". You can
> check this with
>
>   :noremap ;
>
> which will show you all (normal/visual/operator-pending mode) mappings.
>

For some reason, ';' is a fairly common map leader (:help mapleader).
I personally find the ';' command way too useful to override without a
replacement.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: