Thursday, June 30, 2011

Re: How to retrigger 'autocmd' ?

On 29 June 2011 11:08, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Jun 28, 4:31 am, narke <narkewo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I 'vimgrep' on a large file tree, I usually turn of 'autocmd' by
>> ':noau vimgrep /xxx/ **/*.c'.   Then I got c file open in a buffer but
>> without the syntax highlighting (maybe also other good things). So I
>> think what I need to do is to retriggle those 'autocmd' that would
>> been usually executed if I don't do 'noau ...'.  Can anyone tell me
>> how to, if possible?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>
> I normally add the 'j' flag to my vimgrep to avoid an automatic jump
> to the first match. Then I can use the quickfix window with :copen, or
> just use :cnext/:cprev/:ccurrent to navigate. When these commands load
> a new file, it triggers all the proper autocmds.
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>

Thanks for all your inputs. At the end, I so much like Ben's
solution: using the 'j' flag of vimgrep.

Cheers!
narke


--
Life is the only flaw in an otherwise perfect nonexistence
    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody@gmail.com)

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: