Thursday, June 30, 2011

Re: Python plugin using PyWin32

On Thursday, June 30, 2011 09:35:51 Alexandre Martani wrote:

> Hello all,

> I am trying to use Vim R plugin [1], which is a Python plugin
> that uses PyWin32 on Windows. I have installed Python 2.7.1
> and PyWin32. It is installed correctly, as I am able to do a
> "import win32api" from python

> shell without errors. But, on GVim, if I do:
> :python import win32api

> I receive the following error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not
> be found.

> Notice that this is not the standard error for module not
> found ("No module named x"). It is probably related to the
> path python uses for its DLL modules. I have played with
> sys.path, but without success.

> I also noticed the first path in sys.path is
> "C:\\must>not&exist", which is probably a bug. Don't know if
> this could be related, but I tried do a sys.path.pop(0), and
> it didn't work.

> Anyone has an idea of the problem?

just guessing here, but python 2.7.1 is fairly new -- there's
a good chance your vim was compiled with 2.6 and can't find
the 2.6 dll


> Thanks

> [1] - http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2628

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: