Thursday, June 30, 2011

Re: Passing Env Variables to Grep(as intended folders) search does not work under win32?

Chris

I do have Cygwin here and I cannot tell which grep Vim(windows
version) uses to be honest, since I cannot get grep to print the
platform but I believe it is the windows version from Windows Gnu
utilities which has v 2.5 while Cygwin version is 2.6. I have both
greps in my system because I am on 64bit and I had issues with Cygwin
utilities.

In any case I have export ed $INCLUDES in my .bashrc so when I echo in
Cygwin shell

$ echo $INCLUDES
/cygdrive/c/MinGW/include

When I echo in Vim
"c:\\MinGW\\include"

I am using Windows version of Gvim

I feel like Vim is not expanding $INCLUDES to grep in this command
because if I just put straight absolute path to MinGW\include grep
works
works
":grep -i rand c:\MinGW\include/*"

does not work
":grep -i random $INCLUDES/*"


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: