Thursday, June 30, 2011

Python plugin using PyWin32

Hello all,

I am trying to use Vim R plugin [1], which is a Python plugin that uses
PyWin32 on Windows. I have installed Python 2.7.1 and PyWin32. It is
installed correctly, as I am able to do a "import win32api" from python
shell without errors. But, on GVim, if I do:

:python import win32api

I receive the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Notice that this is not the standard error for module not found ("No
module named x"). It is probably related to the path python uses for its
DLL modules. I have played with sys.path, but without success.

I also noticed the first path in sys.path is "C:\\must>not&exist", which
is probably a bug. Don't know if this could be related, but I tried do a
sys.path.pop(0), and it didn't work.

Anyone has an idea of the problem?

Thanks

[1] - http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2628
--
*Alexandre Martani* | GDX Investimentos

<mailto:alexandre.martani@gdx.com.br>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: