Thursday, June 30, 2011

Re: Saving netrw hide list to session file

Tim Johnson wrote:
> Using vim 7.2 on ubuntu 10.04, huge version.
>
> I make use of Dr. Campbell's netrw browse window, which has the
> ctrl-h feature that allows me to edit the hide list.
>
> The hide list is associated with g:netrw_list_hide. I would like to
> be able to save that variable to my session file. However, when I
> save the session, I do not see that the g:netrw_list_hide is saved.
> In fact g:netrw_list_hide is not even defined until netrw is first
> invoked.
>
> Is it possible to save g:netrw_list_hide?
>
>

Hello!

From the vim manual, under :help mks...

2. Restores global variables that start with an uppercase letter and contain
at least one lowercase letter, if 'sessionoptions' contains "globals".

So, unfortunately, g:netrw_list_hide does not satisfy that constraint.

I checked into whether this process could be automated; unfortunately,
there does not appear to be a SessionWritePre autocmd event. If there
was, something like

au SessionWritePre * let g:Netrw_list_hide= g:netrw_list_hide
au SessionLoadPost * let g:netrw_list_hide= g:Netrw_list_hide

might work.

Regards,
Chip Campbell


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: