Monday, July 18, 2011

Re: gVIM crash condition and workaround

On 18/07/11 20:16, Dominique Pellé wrote:
> Sean wrote:
>
>> It happened when Python Interface to Vim is used.
>>
>> -----------------
>> Crash Conditions:
>> -----------------
>>
>> (1) standard gVim.exe downloaded from http://www.vim.org/download.php
>> (2) standard python2.7 downloaded from http://www.python.org/
>> (3) Microsoft Windows, Vista
>> (4) gvim -u NONE -U NONE --noplugin
>> (5) :py print(help('io'))
>>
>> ------------------
>> Crash Information:
>> ------------------
>>
>> Problem signature:
>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> Application Name: gvim.exe
>> Application Version: 7.3.277.0
>
> I wonder where this version number comes from.
>
> The latest version of Vim is 7.3.254
> So your version is from the future.
>
> -- Dominique
>

It's some Windows identifier which is not necessarily related with the
Vim version (major.minor.patchlevel) as we know it. I suppose it comes
frome somewhere in the source, but I'm not sure exactly where...

Ah, there: src/version.h line 22:
#define VIM_VERSION_BUILD 277

see also e.g. src/vim.rc lines 63-64
FILEVERSION
VIM_VERSION_MAJOR,VIM_VERSION_MINOR,VIM_VERSION_BUILD,VIM_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL
PRODUCTVERSION
VIM_VERSION_MAJOR,VIM_VERSION_MINOR,VIM_VERSION_BUILD,VIM_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL


Best regards,
Tony.
--
Well, my terminal's locked up, and I ain't got any Mail,
And I can't recall the last time that my program didn't fail;
I've got stacks in my structs, I've got arrays in my queues,
I've got the : Segmentation violation -- Core dumped blues.

If you think that it's nice that you get what you C,
Then go : illogical statement with your whole family,
'Cause the Supreme Court ain't the only place with : Bus error views.
I've got the : Segmentation violation -- Core dumped blues.

On a PDP-11, life should be a breeze,
But with VAXen in the house even magnetic tapes would freeze.
Now you might think that unlike VAXen I'd know who I abuse,
I've got the : Segmentation violation -- Core dumped blues.
-- Core Dumped Blues

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: