Monday, January 24, 2011

Re: bufdo and macro

On Jan 24, 4:44 am, Kim Schulz <k...@schulz.dk> wrote:
>  Hi,
>  I have a problem with a simple macro I record and then want to play
>  back on all buffers (62 of them) using bufdo. Vim keeps throwing the
>  error E169: Command too recursive
>
>  The macro is quite simple:
>  qa
>  :%s/expectedMessage = &(((.*) *)(.*);/CsrMemCpy(expectedMessage, &((1
>  *) 2, sizeof(1));/
>  f,
>  insert newline
>  f,
>  insert newline
>  k
>  k
>  =}
>  :w!
>  q
>
>  I then use
>  :bufdo norm @a
>  ...which then gives me the before mentioned error a lot of times. If I
>  run the macro on a single buffer I do not have this problem.
>
>  Any suggestions as to why I get the error? how do I fix it?
>

I don't see anything obviously wrong. Does

:bufdo exec 'norm! @a'

do anything different?

Which buffer in your buffer list do you end up on? Supposedly
the :bufdo command will terminate and leave you on the buffer where an
error occurred if there is an error.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: