Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Re: Error with :.! commands

On 2011-06-22, Ben Fritz wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2:41 pm, Chandra wrote:
> > Hello,
> >     I see the following error when I try to in-line execute a shell
> > command something like
> >
> > :.!grep foo bar
> >
> > "/tmp/v454263/17" E212: Can't open file for writing
> > E482: Can't create file /tmp/v454263/17
> >
> > It usually happens if the vim session has been on for a long time
> > without ever closing and reopening vim.
> > A fresh vim session does not give this error. Any idea what happens
> > here?
> >
>
> Possibly the temp directory got deleted out from under you. I'm not
> sure of a good way around this.

When I've run into this I've just recreated the directory, e.g.,

:!mkdir /tmp/v454263

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: