sent 15:22:20 16 July 2011, Saturday
by Asis Hallab:
> Unfortunately the given hints did
> not solve my problem.
It solves the problem, just read help carefully. It states explicitely where
spaces are allowed. There are also enough examples of the option values. All you
need is to read the whole section instead of stopping half-way and asking for
help.
Original message:
> Dear Vimers,
>
>
> according to the kind hints of Tim Chase and Zyx,
> I tried the following in my .vimrc:
>
> set selectmode += "key"
> set keymodel += "startsel"
>
> Still pressing <S-Left> in normal mode does not start select-mode.
> Though, when I start select-mode with gh, I can extend the selection using
> <S-Left>
>
> Does anyone know how to configure vim, so I can start select-mode by
> hitting e.g. <S-Left> in normal mode? - Unfortunately the given hints did
> not solve my problem.
>
> I use the latest MacVim on Mac OS Leopard.
>
> Help will be much appreciated!
> Kind regards!
> Asis
>
> 2011/7/16 Tim Chase <tim@thechases.com>:
> > On 07/16/2011 04:57 AM, Asis Hallab wrote:
> >> In my .vimrc I am trying to set the selectmode option to "key",
> >> so I can use the Shift-Key with movement-keys to start the Select-Mode.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately I seam to be unable to get it right:
> >>
> >> Neither
> >> set selectmode = ['key']
> >> nor
> >> set selectmode = ["key"]
> >> nor
> >> set selectmode = "key"
> >> work.
> >
> > Have you tried just using
> >
> > :set selectmode=key
> >
> > or
> >
> > :set selectmode+=key
> >
> > (depending on whether you want to set or add to existing values)
> >
> > -tim
No comments:
Post a Comment