Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How to integrate with SourceSafe ?

Hello

My company uses SourceSafe for source code control for our project and I
have some problems integrating it with vim.

I found the Source Control script
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=770), but only some
basic commands from it work. In particular, I have been unable to:
- Get latest version of the project when I still have a
few files checked-out (get with merge)
- Check in (or update) from a directory (for all project)
- Get the list of checked-out (locked) files
- Add a file to source control, without error messages (though
it appears to work if you ignore the errors)

Also I find it strange for a source control commit operation to be named
'Update', and a source control update operation command to be named 'Get' :)

Anyone has a better way to integrate with SourceSafe ?
(I have vim7.3 64bit, Windows 7)

Thank you,
Timothy Madden

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: