Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re: How to see make output while make is in progress ?

Timothy Madden wrote:
> On 05.09.2010 15:25, Timothy Madden wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> My gvim 7.2 on Windows 7 first runs the entire make and only after can I
>> see make out. Can I get it to show lines output by make while make is in
>> progress ?
>
> For example vim 7.0.237 has this behavior by default on Linux on a
> CentOS machine, so I think it is some option that has to be set to get
> what I want on Windows too, I just do not know it ...
>
> Can anyone help ?

How is your 'shellpipe' option set? The default for Unix is "| tee",
which should give the behavior you want.

Brett Stahlman

>
> Also, can I get make output into the quickfix buffer and open the buffer
> after make ? Or just before make and see make output there ?
>
> Thank you,
> Timothy Madden
>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: