Monday, September 27, 2010

Re: visual_studio.vim help?

...
The vim.org script page for visual_studio.vim (I assume this is what you're using: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=864 ) says that the last release was in 2007.  Perhaps the Express version of 2008 hadn't even been released?

It also appears to require a fairly old version of Python (2.4), and states that the version should be the same as the version Vim was built with.  Recent Windows Vims are built with support for 2.6 and/or 3.0. Maybe there are Python compatibility problems.

Since I recently updated to Windows 7 (64-bit), I am using Python 2.6 (I compile my own Vim) and VS 2008 with this plugin without issues.  I know it is not related to the "Express" version of Visual Studio, but it does show that it also works with newer versions of Python.

HTH,
Dave

No comments: