Saturday, September 25, 2010

Re: Help with syntax defintion

Yep, works as advertised, thanks. Now I just need to study what you
did a while in order to understand it. heh. Thanks for the heads up
about \+ too, I was missing that...


On Sep 25, 12:23 pm, "Benjamin R. Haskell" <v...@benizi.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Dewdman42 wrote:
>
> > > I'm trying to create a syntax definition.
> > > [...]
> > > syn match       MMAid           "[^\s/]+" transparent
> > > [...]
>
> > syn match MMAid "\%(^groove\s\+\)\@<=\zs[^[:space:]/]\+" contained
>
> I don't think the [:space:] (vs \s) is necessary in my example.  I
> switched the delimiters to // (rather than ""), and changed \s to
> [:space:] trying to figure out what I'd missed.
>
> One helpful thing I forgot to point out (It trips me up constantly in
> Vim) is that '+' is not 'magic' (where most regex languages have +, you
> usually want \+).
>
> --
> Best,
> Ben

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: