Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re: Split windows and spanning width of screen

Hi --

Ah, TIm. I thought you might chime in. :)

On 29 September 2010 23:34, Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> In addition to Michael's answer to your question below, if you've already
> got the QF window open and focused, you can use ^WJ (control-W, capital-j)
> to move it to the bottom.
>
>  :help CTRL-W_J

This is really useful, thanks. I've tried this, and it's working
brilliantly, even for existing split windows.

> the capital H/J/K/L move the current window as-far-as-possible in that
> direction

I'm adding this as a comment to my .vimrc - this is invaluable, thanks!

I don't really want to hijack my own thread with other questions, but I'll ask:

* Does the use of "CTRL-W_J" to move an existing window to the bottom
then affect window rotation? Only, if I issue "CTRL-W_J" to a window
and then in that window type:

"CTRL-W_r" to rotate it, I get:

E443: Cannot rotate window when another window is split

Yet I was free to do that before before moving this window to the
bottom -- or I am sure of it,

Also:

* Is there a way to always map the command ":copen" to provide:

:botright copen

... although at this point, I feel I need to start reading some
documentation, rather than looking like a n00b. :)

Thanks again!

-- Thomas Adam

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: