Sunday, September 26, 2010

Re: visual_studio.vim help?

I am using Vim 7.3
I am using Python 2.7, but using the :version, I see a line:

\nodefaultlib:python 2.7

So perhaps it is built with 2.7? I tried the plugin back when I
didn't have python for windows extensions installed and I got quite a
nastier error message. So I don't really think python is the issue but
it could be.

I'll email the author of the plugin and ask if he knows anything about
compatibility with VS Express versions.

On 9/26/10, Benjamin R. Haskell <vim@benizi.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Tony Miller wrote:
>
>> Has anyone here gotten the visual_studio.vim plugin to work? I'm
>> trying to use it with VisualStudio 2008 Express.
>>
>> I tried clicking on "refresh" under projects and I get:
>>
>> Retrieving projects...
>> Cannot access VisualStudio. Not running?
>> No projects found
>>
>> I do in fact have visual studio running, with a project open.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> The 'Express' versions of Visual Studio don't support Visual Studio
> plugins. It wouldn't surprise me to find that lack of VS plugin support
> might also prevent external programs from accessing what they would need
> to access.
>
> The vim.org script page for visual_studio.vim (I assume this is what
> you're using: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=864 ) says
> that the last release was in 2007. Perhaps the Express version of 2008
> hadn't even been released?
>
> It also appears to require a fairly old version of Python (2.4), and
> states that the version should be the same as the version Vim was built
> with. Recent Windows Vims are built with support for 2.6 and/or 3.0.
> Maybe there are Python compatibility problems.
>
> --
> Best,
> Ben
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: