Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re: How to see make output while make is in progress ?

On 29.09.2010 16:13, Stahlman Family wrote:
>
>
> Timothy Madden wrote:
>> On 05.09.2010 15:25, Timothy Madden wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> My gvim 7.2 on Windows 7 first runs the entire make and only after can I
>>> see make out. Can I get it to show lines output by make while make is in
>>> progress ?
>>
>> For example vim 7.0.237 has this behavior by default on Linux on a
>> CentOS machine, so I think it is some option that has to be set to get
>> what I want on Windows too, I just do not know it ...
>>
>> Can anyone help ?
>
> How is your 'shellpipe' option set? The default for Unix is "| tee",
> which should give the behavior you want.

My shellpipe on Windows looks like
>%s 2>&1
but I have tee on my PATH from GnuWin32 packages, and I changed it to
2>&1 | tee

However it looks like on Windows invoking the shell (cmd.exe) also opens
a separate console window and all tee output, that I want to see in vim,
now goes to the separate console, which is minimized and which closes
automatically when make exits.

Could I get cmd.exe to drop the console ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: