Monday, September 27, 2010

Re: CTRL-???

Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> [10-09-27 21:04]:
> On 09/27/10 13:47, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> >Now CTRL-A end CTRL-E in input are no longer working.
> >
> >:<CTRL-A>
> >
> >give me a long list of functions(?) or somthing
> >and
> >
> >:<CTRL-E> give me the opposite of that: The sound of silence
> >or with other words: Nothing.
>
> The first one is an expected behavior detailed at
>
> :help c_CTRL-A
>
> The latter should still work (ctrl+E should behave the same as <end>)
> so if your cursor is in the middle of a command:
>
> :%s/foo/bar/
>
> with the cursor on "f", pressing ctrl+E should take you to the end of
> the input. I suspect you had/want a mapping something like
>
> :cnoremap <c-a> <home>
>
> -tim
>
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>

Hi Tim,

thank you for your fast help!
Unfortunately I typed in my question too fast.

I meant, that CTRL-A and CTRL-E are no longer
working in input MODE (I didnt typed that correctly).

Often it is advised to check the work of "special keys"
by tping the at the ':' prompt to see what happens.

That the reasons for what I wrote in the second part of
the mail.

Interestingly: When at the ':' prompt and typing
F1, F2, F3, ...

I get : <F2> for 'F2', <F3> for 'F3', <F4> for 'F4', but I
get ";" for F1 ???

Nonetheless.
"In previous times" ;) I could jump to the beginning of
a line in input mode with CTRL-A and to the end of the
line with CTRL-E. If this only a keybinding, which was
changed with vim 7.3. it is ok, but if there is still
something bad with my keymap-definition or even with
my hardware recognition/handling...sigh...

What happens to CTRL-A and CTRL-E at input mode ?

Thanks again for your help in advance!

Best regards,
mcc

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: