Monday, September 6, 2010

Re: Info command in vim

Hi,Britton.

> Yes, but this isn't what happens for me. Instead, I get a vertical split
> and
> a new window with filetype=info. Is this not what happens for you?
> Its nice behavior, but as I explain above its not what happens with the
> underlying ':execute "r!info --subnodes --output - gcc"' command. I'm
> curious to understand why.

Hmm, I didn't know why.

And I modify the Info function to open a new window and jump to to top
line of the dumped result.

function Info(cmd)
execute "new"
execute "r!info --subnodes --output - ". a:cmd
normal gg
endfunction

Best Wishes,
robert

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: