Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Re: Somehowofftopic: Cursorkeys with *vi* on Solaris...

Чтв, 09 Сен 2010, meino.cramer@gmx.de писал(а):
> Hi,
>
> this is a somehow offtopic question, but I need a little help to
> survive... ;)
>
> At work I am urged to use the plain vi on a SUN Solaris (5.3, I think)
> workstation very often.
> I cannot install vi mthere for various reasons.
>
> One thing I cannot get off my fingers is using the cursor keys in
> input mode .., which has "interesting" results on my source code
> (hrrrm).
>
> I found tutorial on the web how to map the cursor keys, but they do
> not work.
> Very often I saw the sequence "^[" in those docs. I think, this
> is the ESC-symbol.
>
> BUT:. CTL-v (verbose input in vim) does not work with this plain vi.
>
> It would help me A LOT, if someone knows the trick how to remap the
> cursor keys, so they do work in input mode with a plain vi on SUN
> solaris.
>
> VIM RULES!
>
> Best regards,
> mcc

ctrl-v should work in bill joe's original vi and its descendents.
There is "map!" which is roughly the equivalent of "imap" in vim.

Once you find out key sequences for those arrow keys, add map! into your
.exrc or $EXINIT string, eg.
map! ^[OA ^[ka " cursor up
map! ^[OB ^[ja " cursor down
map! ^[OC ^[la " cursor right
map! ^[OD ^[ha " cursor left

If you really cannot use ctrl-v on that machine, then edit the file
somewhere using vim and copy the file.

--
regards,
====================================================
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4434BAB3

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: