Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Re: vim 7.1 vs. vim 7.2 multi line commenting

On 2010-08-31, Pavan Savoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In vim 7.1 I remember there was this feature where as soon as I type
> /* the next * on the next line was automatically printed, where is
> this feature now?
> I have all the same .vimrc from 7.1, and same packages, but it doesn't
> seem to be working :(

My guess is that the 'formatoptions' setting is different between
the two installations of Vim. Try executing

:set fo+=r

and see if that fixes the problem.

If I start vim as

$ vim -N -u NONE -c 'fo+=r'

it works for me.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: