Monday, June 6, 2011

Re: syntax highlighting: 'good' syntax item becomes 'bad' after unrelated change in file

On Jun 6, 2011, at 3:43 PM, Andrew Long wrote:

> So, while I believe that I have found a bug in the syntax engine, I now have something that looks, from a distance, like a work-around. Despite that, I'm prepared to assist in someone else's debugging of this, if I can.

I get this issue all the time in HTML files with lots of JavaScript in the HEAD element.

I need to see whether I can apply your work-around to the HTML and/or JavaScript syntax files.

I'll be following this story closely to see if that's possible.

Also, if you need someone to help test, I'm willing. I am *really* tired of having to go to the top of a file that contains dozens of folds (one per JS function) and open each fold sequentially from the top to the bottom in order to display the highlighting correctly in the lengthy function late in the HEAD that I need to edit.

I don't know if it's exactly the same issue, but it sounds quite similar.

Dave

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: