Friday, August 28, 2009

Re: Function name in status bar


Yes - from the beginning function name is empty.

I'm not expert in taglist, so I can just make an assumption.  I suppose, plugin automatically updates its dictionary files only when taglist window is visible.

I was succeeded to show function name using ":TlistAddFiles %"

So - that task can be automated somehow :)

Mikalai

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:10 AM, David Chanters <david.chanters@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hmm, I extraced the taglist plugin under ~/.vim/ as per the
instructions and updated my statusline setting in ~/.vimrc so it looks
like this:

set statusline=%<%#MyGitBranch#%{GitBranchInfoString()}%*\
%f%=%([%{Tlist_Get_Tagname_By_Line()}]%)\ %h%m%r%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)\ %P

(If this mailer wraps that line it's actually all on one line in my ~/.vimrc)

Yet I see *nothing* printed out on my statusline when editing .c
files, and I even manually:

:so ~/.vim/plugin/taglist.vim

.... just in case, but that had no effect for the statusline.  I can
use other features of the taglist plugin whether I manually source it
or not, so I know it's loading up just fine.

Any ideas why I might not see the function name?

Thanks!

David




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: