Saturday, August 29, 2009

Re: Trying to post.

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
> Saluton Patrick :)
>
> Patrick Gen Paul <p...@gmail.com> skribis:
>> I have more than triple-checked and I do know that I am sending my
>> message "From:" the same email address I used to subscribe to the
>> list.
>
> New members have their messages moderated to avoid spam (which is
> plaguing this list, by the way), so even this message got moderated.
> After you send "proper" mail to the list (just like you have done), you
> are no longer moderated. That means that your first posts may suffer a
> delay if no moderator is reading the moderation messages.
>
> Usually the delay is quite low, a matter of hours in the worst case, but
> right now I'm not spending much time in front of my computer and maybe
> John isn't, either.
>
>> Per a button below this message, this will be "sent to moderators" so
>> maybe the will be able to help.
>
> I haven't received this particular message, I'm afraid, but I saw it in
> the moderation queue. Sorry for the delay, anyway ;) From now on you're
> no longer moderated, so your messages should appear as soon as you write
> them :)

Seems my replies to this thread go through, but the initial message that
I have now posted seven times over the last twelve hours never did.

At least, to the "mailing list" - I don't see it delivered back to my
local mailer. On the other hand, I just found that three copies of this
message did make it to Yahoo! groups.

I do apologize for this - since Google groups appears first on the
mailing list web page, I checked that using the "search" feature and
found nothing there.

In all, I have already spent over an hour investigating this issue, so
please understand my frustration.

Raúl, if you think this is worth investigating, the subject of my
original message is "vim 7.1 - sh.vim syntax file - unwarranted syntax
error detected" and it was posted "From: pgenpaul@gmail.com".

Either we have a temporary "situation" where posts do not go through for
some reason or other, or there is something wrong with the list's setup.

I am subscribed to a couple of other mailing lists from this email
account and I have not run into any problems: my posts went through
first time around and I got them back within seconds.

If you suspect as I do that something is not working correctly and you
are unable to reproduce, I'll be glad to run any tests that might be useful.

Otherwise, I'll just send my original message to a Mr. Campbell who
happens to be the maintainer of the sh.vim syntax file and see if I can
unsubscribe from this list - I saw a recent thread where s/o was having
a hard time doing that.

Thanks,

Gen-Paul.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: