Monday, August 31, 2009

Re: Use terminal colors in GUI Vim?

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Nathan Neff<nathan.neff@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Patrick Gen-Paul<pgenpaul@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Nathan Neff wrote:
>>> I define my color scheme in .Xdefaults, like this, for urxvt:
>>
>> [..]
>>
>>> I don't know if that's what you're asking about.  I don't know how
>>> terminal vim interacts with the colors of urxvt, though.
>>
>> I meant a _vim_ color scheme.
>>
>> :h colorscheme
>>
>> In particular: "For info about writing a colorscheme file .." since, to
>> the best of my knowledge, this is what you need to do.
>>
>> What does this tell you?
>>
>> :echo g:colors_name
>
> I'm using "moria" in Gvim.  I'd like to make Gvim have the same colors as
> vim does in my terminal.  I don't know how to convert terminal colors
> into a Gvim color scheme.

In addition, when I type :echo g:colors_name in terminal vim, I get
"Undefined variable: g:colors_name", which makes sense because
g:colors_name only applies to Gvim.

--Nate

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: