Monday, August 31, 2009

Re: separate one file into many files

Thanks Tony,

I did name it with the extension .vim, and I did restart vim before typing
:scriptnames

I will end up trying what Christian suggested (loading them manually) the
next time I get to a computer that has vim installed.

Thank you.

Tony Mechelynck-2 wrote:
>
>
> On 20/08/09 21:11, drlatex wrote:
>>
>>
>> Thank you very much. That makes a lot more sense.
>>
>> I'm acutally using vim in windows, and I did add that plugin to the
>> location
>> where all the other plugins are located, but according to :scriptnames,
>> vim
>> doens't automatically load the one that I added (the one you wrote) ...
>> it
>> loads all the other ones in that directory except for the added one.
>>
>> But nevertheless, I was able to get my job done. I used csplit to split
>> the
>> file into its 500 constituent files. Then I used a command in unix with a
>> for loop to rename them appropriately.
>>
>> Thank you very much once again. I really appreciate all of your help and
>> taking the time to respond to me. And it was good that I learned about
>> the
>> plugins, I'm sure that will come in useful another time.
>
> You did restart Vim after dropping the plugin in (whatever)/plugin/
> (where (whatever) is some directory in 'runtimepath' other than
> $VIMRUNTIME), didn't you?
>
> Global plugins are loaded only at startup. If you add one while Vim is
> already running, it won't "see" it. Also, all Vim scripts other than
> vimrc (, .vimrc, _vimrc) and gvimrc (, .gvimrc, _gvimrc) must have the
> .vim extension ta the end of their name.
>
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> Q: How many IBM cpu's does it take to do a logical right shift?
> A: 33. 1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.
>
> >
>
>

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/separate-one-file-into-many-files-tp24854914p25234051.html
Sent from the Vim - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: