Monday, August 31, 2009

Re: separate one file into many files

On 20/08/09 21:11, drlatex wrote:
>
>
> Thank you very much. That makes a lot more sense.
>
> I'm acutally using vim in windows, and I did add that plugin to the location
> where all the other plugins are located, but according to :scriptnames, vim
> doens't automatically load the one that I added (the one you wrote) ... it
> loads all the other ones in that directory except for the added one.
>
> But nevertheless, I was able to get my job done. I used csplit to split the
> file into its 500 constituent files. Then I used a command in unix with a
> for loop to rename them appropriately.
>
> Thank you very much once again. I really appreciate all of your help and
> taking the time to respond to me. And it was good that I learned about the
> plugins, I'm sure that will come in useful another time.

You did restart Vim after dropping the plugin in (whatever)/plugin/
(where (whatever) is some directory in 'runtimepath' other than
$VIMRUNTIME), didn't you?

Global plugins are loaded only at startup. If you add one while Vim is
already running, it won't "see" it. Also, all Vim scripts other than
vimrc (, .vimrc, _vimrc) and gvimrc (, .gvimrc, _gvimrc) must have the
.vim extension ta the end of their name.


Best regards,
Tony.
--
Q: How many IBM cpu's does it take to do a logical right shift?
A: 33. 1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: