Monday, August 31, 2009

Re: Save through to remote server

Ernest Obusek wrote:
> I'm trying to switch back to vim after years with jEdit, but I need to
> get a set of things working before I can use vim productively. One
> thing I need is to make it so that when I save a file, it scp's it to
> a remote server. I imagine a script could do this, but I have no idea
> how to hook that in to the save command. How can this be done?
:w scp://hostname/filename

You can also :e scp://hostname/filename ... :w

That's assuming that you have
filetype plugin on
in your .vimrc .

Regards,
Chip Campbell


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: