Thursday, August 20, 2009

Re: Applying 4 commands repetetively

> Wow! :argdo works perfectly! I thought I would have to learn a new syntax for
> writing loops or something!

There are similar analogs for bufdo, windo, and tabdo (they
should all be in the same section of the help), so you can
perform a sequence of Ex commands on whichever set of
arguments/buffers/windows/tabs you want.

> I'm just curious though, why does it not work when I used 'dd' instead of
> '1d' ??
>
> I've actually never used '1d' before... I type # dd, where # is the number
> of lines that I want to remove.

"dd" is a normal-mode command. 1d is an Ex command for "delete
line #1". The [arg|win|tab|buf]do commands take Ex commands,
rather than normal-mode commands. The normal-mode way would be
to do something like


argdo ... exec "dd"

-tim

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: