Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Re: changing what counts as a paragraph

Thanks. I'm surprised there's no better way. I can't get used to
watching my spaces at the end of equation lines, so I think I'll go
for formatoptions=tcqw and then make a binding to gwap that I can hit
occasionally.

On Aug 19, 7:11 am, "A. S. Budden" <abud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/19 at <atorgovit...@gmail.com>:
>
>
>
>
>
> > My .tex files typically look like...
>
> > ------------------------------
> > This is some text that I'm writing in a paragraph,
> > blah blah blah, etc. etc.
>
> > \begin{equation}
> >    a = b + c
> > \end{equation}
> > -------------------------------
>
> > I currently have formatoptions = tcqwa. This works great for the text
> > paragraph (the first part). But it has some really annoying effects
> > for the second part, for example if I leave a space after "c" and then
> > leave insert mode, it will reorganize \end{equation} to be on the same
> > line as "a = b + c".
>
> > As far as I can tell there are no set of format options that will give
> > me the behavior I want in both sections. So my question is, is there a
> > way I can define what a paragraph is so that I can only have my format
> > options apply to the first part and not the second? Thanks!
>
> I don't believe that this is possible, although in this specific case,
> you could do a substitution to ensure that \end{equation} is always at
> the start of the line.
>
> The way that always worked for me when I was writing latex documents
> was to avoid leaving spaces on the end of equation lines.  Having said
> that, I used formatoptions=tcqw, so it only reformatted the lines I
> was typing: other formatting was done with gq.
>
> Sorry that this isn't really the answer you're looking for.  I guess
> the alternative would be to use :set wrap, but I never got on with
> that.
>
> Al
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: