Thursday, August 27, 2009

Re: Creating a macro of EX commands

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:47:15PM -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> CHEN Cheng wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:15:20PM -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:
>
> >> Essentially, if I'm developing a Perl module, I'd like to assign a
> >> keystroke that will allow me to do a series of tasks, given that my pwd
> >> is in the module root, and I want the macro to be accessible via my
> >> vimrc, if possible:
>
> [ snip ]
>
> > It seems okay by defining a function in .vimrc:
> >
> > function PerlBuild()
> > w
> > ! echo hello
> > ! sudo echo hello
> > endfun
> >
> > map ,pb :call PerlBuild()<CR>
>
> Thanks Cheng,
>
> That was very helpful.
>
> Even though I've copied a few code snips from the wiki, your post
> prompted me to test out:
>
> :help function
>
> ...even though I've always been told I should use vi(m), I never would
> have believed I could do so much with an "editor".
>
> Sheesh. I still can't believe it, even though I'm editing four files in
> two windows on a dual-head monitor, grabbing info from the command line,
> writing to the repository, testing written code, doing diffs and writing
> errors from executed code to a logfile, folding all functions, disabling
> colo(u)rs when I want to, highlighting also when I want to...
>
> I'm dizzy from how fast I can do things. If anything, Vim has been a
> detriment to my mental stability...
>
> ...for once, my brain doesn't have an excuse for having to move it's
> fingers from their natural position on the keyboard, thus it receives no
> break ;)
>

I'm soo happy to see this. I wasn't conscious to build process improvement
before your requirement inspired me to do that.

Cheers,
Cheng


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: