Friday, August 21, 2009

RE: Remove message "Cannot Load registered type library" : "Do you want to register"

geoffrey.wood wrote:
>> I have copied my gvim installation on a USB stick. When I
>> place that USB stick into another system and I run gvim from
>> there it comes with the message "Cannot Load registered type
>> library"
>> "Do you want to register"
>> "Yes/No"
>>
>> Can this message be removed?
>> And if so how to do that?
>> I assume recompiling gvim?
>
> I see the same thing. I'm using the standard distribution of
> VIM 7.2 (2008 Aug 9) MS-Windows 32-bit

I think this is due to your version of Vim showing "+ole" when
the :version command is entered ("with OLE support").

Assuming you are not using that (:help ole), in principle you
could compile your own Vim without that feature. However, in
practice, it's a daunting process.

I have never seen this message (my Windows Vim does not have
+ole), but I thought you could just say "no" and Vim would still
work?? A little irritating, but no need to have a batch file
that registers and unregisters.

John


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: